Welcome Parents and Football Players to the 2016 season!
Equipment Pickup for Tackle Football: Wednesday, August 3rd (see times below)
*Registration must be paid in full prior to equipment pickup.
Oxford Mini Storage, 256 Barnsley Road, Nottingham, PA 19363
• 80’s Football Team (7-8 year olds & 9 years old under 60lbs) – 6:00
• 100’s Football Team (9-10 year olds & 11 years old under 80lbs) – 6:40
• 120’s Football Teams (11-12 year olds & 13 years olds under 101lbs)- 7:20
Parents: Please attend our Parents Information and Player Safety Meeting on August 9th at 6:30 on the bleachers in front of Elk Ridge.
Tackle Football Heat Acclimation Period:
Aug. 1st, 2nd, 4th, & 5th (M, T, Th, F) - 6:30 to 8pm at Elk Ridge Fields.
Aug. 3rd (W) - Times to be given by coaches to accommodate equipment pick up.
*All tackle football players should attend.
Bert Bell Conference requires player participation in 5 days of heat acclimation workouts before practice in full pads is permitted. Players should wear cleats, light colored shorts and T-shirts. Bring plenty of water, no carbonated or caffeinated drinks permitted.
*Any player with an existing medical condition (breathing, heart, or allergies) needs to be cleared by a doctor prior to participating. Please contact Christian Levinsky, Player Safety Coach, with questions.
Physicals: Completed physical must be turned in to Coach on or before the first practice. Physical forms can be found on the OGB website.
Practices begin August 8th at Elk Ridge School:
Tackle practice is 6 to 8:00 pm, 5 nights a week until Aug. 25th, then 3 nights a week starting Aug. 29th.
• 80’s Football Team (7-8 year olds & 9 years old under 60lbs) - field in front of the school
• 100’s Football Team (9-10 year olds & 11 years old under 80lbs)- field in front of the school
• 120’s Football Teams (11-12 year olds & 13 years olds under 101 lbs)- back field behind school
Parking at Elk Ridge School: In the back lot, the parking spaces in the front row are reserved for coaches. Please do not park on the grass.
Field Rules: We rent the fields and must follow League Rules (and/or School District Policies:
• No smoking (or using tobacco products) or alcohol on the property.
• No animals allowed.
• No skateboarding.
• No parking on the grass.
• All trash must be thrown away before leaving the premises.
Proper practice attire:
• OGB to supply: Game jersey and pants, helmet, shoulder pads, and set of 7 pads.
• Player to supply: Practice jersey, pants, girdle, cleats, protective cup, mouthpiece.